Privacy Notice for California Residents
Updated August 11, 2021
This Privacy Notice for California Residents supplements the information contained in the Impel U.S. Privacy Notice.
Who you are
The Impel U.S. Privacy Notice pertains to Consumers, Customers of Impel, and Prospective Customers of Impel. This Privacy Notice for California Residents pertains to Consumers only.
Currently the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) does not apply to personal information reflecting a transaction between a business and a consumer where the consumer is an employee of a company and the transaction with the business occurs solely within the context of the business.
Personal information collected
We collect the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers (IP address, anonymous unique identifier)
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (type of device or web browser used, record of pages viewed, items viewed on those pages, time spent viewing those items)
- Geolocation data (geographic address corresponding to an IP address)
- Any personal information you choose to enter if you submit a contact request form, or an inquiry via email or text message.
We collect personal information from these categories of sources:
- Device or web browser used
- Geolocation service
- Identifiers, but only if you choose to enter such information when you submit a contact request form, or an inquiry via email or text message.
Our business or commercial purposes for collecting the personal information are:
- To show images of and information about relevant vehicles
- To inform Customers about web pages, vehicles and vehicle features Consumers viewed
- To display targeted ads
- To reply to a Customer’s inquiry via email or text message
Personal information disclosed or sold
In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed for business purposes or sold to third parties the following categories of information:
- Identifiers (e.g., IP address, postal address)
- Commercial Information (e.g., products or services purchased)
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity (e.g., browsing history, interaction with an internet website)
- Geolocation Data
We do not have actual knowledge that we (1) sell personal information of children under 16 years of age or (2) collect personal information of children under 13 years of age. We will remove such information if we become aware of it.
You have the right:
- To request the information we collect, use, disclose and sell
- To request deletion of your personal information collected by us
- To opt out of the sale of your personal information by us
- Not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of these privacy rights
For right-to-know and right-to-delete requests, send an email to email@example.com or call +1 844-384-6735. However, please note that we have no direct relationship with Consumers and therefore may not be able to locate your information.
You may designate an authorized agent to make right-to-know and right-to-delete requests on your behalf by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling +1 844-384-6735 and providing a proof of attorney or a written and signed permission.
To opt out of the sale of your personal information, click below.
You can see the Impel U.S. Privacy Notice here.
Record of CCPA requests and responses
In the past 12 months, we have not received any right-to-know, right-to-delete or right to opt-out requests.